Time Piano Teacher in Singapore, Wendy Tan |Teaches at Student's @ Yishun, Sembawang and Toa Payoh
Background, Performance & Achievement
Wendy started learning piano at a very young age and attained Grade 7 practical and grade 5 theory with ABRSM in her teens. Her immense passion for music and performing made her decide to further her music study with Lasalle College of the Arts for three years where she graduated with a Diploma in Music. During her course of study, she majored in piano, popular music and performed with a band weekly. She also went through modules such as history of popular music, transcription, theory, aural, writing, cultural study, technical theatre arts and arts management. She also found her passion for sharing and teaching music in college. She taught piano in her college days to kindergarten children after their daily lesson as an enrichment programme. She continued her teaching at Cristofori Music School before moving to part time private coaching and finally, to full time private coaching currently.
Wendy is currently married with 2 beautiful young girls. Wendy currently teaches music and piano using an Australian syllabus, Encore Music, which was introduced by a good friend. Wendy was personally trained by the two founders; Mark & Morna. Wendy had taught the programme in schools prior to giving birth and now she conducts group lessons at home in Yishun, for children from as young as 2 years old.
Style of Teaching
She believes in developing her student's passion and interest as well as kindling the child's interest to practice willingly. As a passionate lover of music, she believes in kindling the individual’s interest rather than employing the rod. She also firmly believes that Music is for the Everyman, not just for the high brow. Being a firm yet cheerful teacher, seeing her student's joy and enjoyment while playing the piano is her biggest motivation to help realise her student’s potential.
Teachers Training Programme for Encore on Keys and Kinderbeat programme
Teacher Wendy also offers programmes for teachers keen in training to be Encore (a fun factor embedded Australian Music programme). Find out more about the programme and become a trained specialist! http://encoremusiceducation.com.au/
Kinder Beat Music Appreciation
The vibrant grooves and contemporary flair of Kinder Beat are immediately apparent. Children instantly connect with the freshness and vitality of the songs. Our engaging characters – Kinder Bear, Kinder Roo, Joey and Super Cool Mouse – make every lesson a special experience for each child. They ensure that the fun factor is always embedded. Kinder Beat is developmentally precise. It is a truly exciting and unique start to music that sets the global benchmark for early childhood music.
- 2 to 4.5 years old / 30 min each lesson
- Kinder Beat 1: $90 for 4 lessons
- Kinder beat 2: $100 for 4 lessons
- Kinder Beat Piano: $120 for 4 lessons
Encore on Keys Group Piano Lessons (Beginner Level)
Encore on Keys Beginner Levels incorporate multiple learning layers, delightful characters and a progressive curriculum. It offers a dynamic approach that is suitable for a group setting.
- 5 to 7 years old / 45 min each lesson
- Encore on Keys Junior 1 & 2: $120 for 4 lessons
- Encore on Keys Junior 3 & 4: $140 for 4 lessons
- 8 to 12 years old / 45 min each lesson
- Encore on Keys Primary 1: $120 for 4 lessons
- Encore on Keys Primary 2: $140 for 4 lessons
- 13 years old and above / 45 min each lesson
- Accent on Keys Level 1 & 2: $180 for 4 lessons
Encore on Keys Group Piano Lessons (Advanced Level)
The Achiever Piano Series is thoroughly rewarding. It is the progressive course from either the Junior Piano, Primary Piano or Accent Piano Series. This four book program takes students to a higher level of artistry, technical proficiency and creative flair.
- Achievers Series 1 – $150 for 4 lessons
- Achievers Series 2 – $160 for 4 lessons
- Achievers Series 3 – $170 for 4 lessons
- Achievers Series 4 – $180 for 4 lessons
Terms and Conditions:
- Payment of fees are to be made by the 1 st week of the month. If the lesson begin on any other weeks of the month besides the first, the lesson fees will then be prorated accordingly.
- Minimum of 2 & maximum of 4 students per class.
- Upon completion of each Encore on Keys beginner series, all students will progress to the Achievers series.
- Students with experience will have an assessment session of 10 min before the teacher decides which level they should attend. Otherwise, Achievers Series 1 will be the starting level for all grades.
- It is compulsory to purchase student kits consisting of a CD, upon enrolment.
- Instruments and percussions will be provided during lessons.
- Each student will be allocated a keyboard during class for all Encore on Keys programme.
- For all group piano lessons, the teacher will use an upright piano, and all students will have their turn on the upright piano during each lesson.
- Certificates will be issued upon completion of each level.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Kindergartens using Encore
1. Raffles House @ PayaLebar
2. Bethesda PasirRis kindergarten
3. My First Skool
4. The Children’s Place
6. My World Preschool
7. Holy Grace Kindergarten
8. Lumiere Montessori House
9. Spring Brainy Kidz Yishun Branch
10. Saint Paul Church Kindergarten (Kovan)